Re: [TenTec] PRIVATE& CONFIDENTIAL Re: Orion vs SDR 1K

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PRIVATE& CONFIDENTIAL Re: Orion vs SDR 1K
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:25:26 -0600
The failure to privately post the original rant that started this thread
should say something about the competence of the original poster.  Did you
ever notice how the guy that has the most trouble getting a thing done, is
the first one to point out the problems of others, perceived or otherwise.
The Flex Radio may be the thing of the future, but if it is not capable of
QSK CW, it is not suitable for my amateur radio use.  After all, the
Heathkit HW-16 does QSK CW, and with only a few modifications to the
original keying circuit, sounds as good or better on the air as the Yaesu
FT-1K rigs, and for CW operation, is apparently way ahead of the Flex Radio.

I can not speak to the competence of Ten Tec programming staff, but I do
notice that my ORION II works better than any other radio I've ever used,
and it does QSK CW to boot.  Nice radio.

The N4PY software is a very pleasant way to use a computer with a radio.  As
I think about it, the N4PY software and likely future enhancements will keep
the ORION very competitive into the foreseeable future.

Now to flash back to version 2.032 because the AM transmitter works better
and the other "improvements" in version 2.033 did not seem to apply to my
operations.
Ron
KA7U