Re: [TenTec] Ver 2.033

To: "'Ron Castro'" <ronc@sonic.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ver 2.033
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 01:21:01 -0500
> I have noticed that the AM works different in that the power
> output is now about 50 Watts, and does not change as the PWR
> control is reduced from 100% to 50%.  Below that, the ALC
> light comes on and the audio starts getting distorted with
> serious downward carrier shift.

You're doing better than I am :-(

With PWR set to 100 I get a maximum carrier output of about 5 watts, with
modulation peaks to 20.  There is no ALC action at normal levels.  The
signal sounds ok, but that's not nearly enough power to drive my amp.

With PWR set in the 1-5 range, ALC kicks in and the signal becomes very
distorted.

This is the second time that AM transmit has been broken in the process of
tweaking something else.  It's been rendered useless once again.

Grant/NQ5T