Re: [TenTec] Happy Orion owners (was question about updates)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Happy Orion owners (was question about updates)
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:35:54 -0700 (PDT)
I believe you got it right! It is that damn firmware. I know i have read
messages on other reflectors discussing the firmware. Actually some updates it
seems make it worse!

I noticed some Icom 706's being sold when they first came out because of the
menu's which they thought was terrible to learn... I thought it was a piece of
cake and I have had no problem negotiating the menus on my 706. It is too bad
on the Orion with the problems with the firmware. I thought at first it was
just nitpicking but I see now the problem some times... Thanks for the
explanation. Today I am at the American history museum  in DC and getting ready
to do some CW on the Omni VI.... Catch you later.

Paul, KD3JF
Glen Burnie, MD
FM19qd (Map Grid Square)