Re: [TenTec] If you ground it - it will come!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,<geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] If you ground it - it will come!
From: "Lynn Lamb" <w4nl@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:14:40 -0400

Suggestion: Disconnect/unplug everything often and pull to the center of the
room!

Everything means: rotator controls (A/C and control cables), remote switches
(again A/C and control cables), modems, phone lines (Oh gosh, for sure),
Printers (etc), BEVERAGES, keyers, and ALL GROUNDS for sure.

It's not that lightning or static charges will 'get your equipment'; it's
'when it will get your equipment'.

Bond equipment together is fine and recommended, but NOT to a ground rod
(s).  I know little about life perhaps, but suggesting any ground path
directly or remotely through equipment is just asking for problems.

We all need to know more about RF grounding and A/C grounding, hi.

Now the flames.. they are authorized, but this bloat is following his own
advice, perhaps a bit late, but I have learned the hard way.

FWIW, Lynn W4NL