Re: [TenTec] If you ground it - it will come!

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] If you ground it - it will come!
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 09:37:05 -0700 (PDT)
Even if the #6 wire only connects other gnd rods to
the central ground, and is buried bare? Having a hard
time seeing the inductance problem, Running a two foot
wide strip of flat copper is a nice idea, but when you
eventually connect to your equipment, you still have a
conductor only as wide as the connection bolt. Should
I build my operating table out of a solid cast copper
block extending directly ten feet into the ground
below my shack, with a few hundred strips of flat
copper running in all directions from that? Bolt the
entire chassis of each radio to it and call it good?
Or would a faraday shield be of added benefit?  Hi Hi

--- "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson"