Re: [TenTec] usb to serial

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] usb to serial
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:24:52 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/2006 10:16:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
k4ymq@yahoo.com writes:

Jack  I've had problems with usb to serial adapters, If you can the better
option is  to put a 1 or 2 port serial port card in computer, about $25 from
Tiger  electronics I think
Ira

jack <jfriend31@comcast.net>  wrote:
i remember some discussion of USB to Serial adapters. would  you please
inform me what particular model works and where to get it.
thank  you
jack  ak7o

I have done this and it works well, but you do have to go into "add
equipment" part of windoze and add each additional port one at a time, and then
 tell
windoze its there. easy enough,  a bit of a pain, but dooable

tom N6AJR