Re: [TenTec] Computer Control of the Orion

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer Control of the Orion
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:36:16 -0500
Troll alert!

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Lee A Crocker
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:59 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com

Ron

Sounds like your pine-ing for the next generation of
the Flex SDR radio.  Six slots so you can plug in
multiple transmitters/receivers.  Open source software
so you can write the radio interface to be just
exactly how you want it.  A built-in computer, and
since it's built on the format of a server chassis as
computers improve, will be perpetually upgradable.
Put the radio up on a shelf or in a closet.  Oh yea
you want QSK?  This radio will be full duplex.  Back
to the days when men were men, QSK WAS QSK, and the
sheep ran scared.

I can hear the bleating now:  but it doesn't have a
knob!!!  I can't live without my knob!!!!

You are right about N4PY's software making the Orion a
wonderful radio.  Thank God for Carl.  If the Orion
could use the SDR-1000 panadapter tuning it would be a
profound radio.  It won't ever happen though.  TT
hasn't done anything profound since the Omni-V.  They
just keep trotting out the same radio with yet a
little more tinsel and fringe on it.  Kind of reminds
me of someone that takes a Cadillac and turns it into
a pimp mobile.  Fuzzy dice errr IP address anyone?

73  W9OY