Re: [TenTec] 2.037J reloaded

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.037J reloaded
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 09:27:36 -0500
> I reloaded 2.037J and did a master reset.  I still noticed
> the AGC is way fast compared to earlier versions, and may be
> the source of reports of 'raspiness' in the receive audio.

I noticed this also.

After first loading 2.037 yesterday, I thought there was a bug, and that AGC
was OFF in all settings.  I finally went in to the SLOW setting and dropped
the decay speed to the 1-5 range.  Once I fiddled with that a bit, the
"fast" slow AGC slowed down, AND I could tell there was a difference between
the other (MED, FAST, OFF) etc. settings

This happened twice, the second time after the radio had been sitting idle
but powered on for several hours.

If there's a bug lurking in there somewhere, I have not been able to get it
to reproduce again.  I did not observe the same behavior on the v2 Orion
with 2.059-- only on the Orion II at 2.037.

I agree with you, that it helps to add just a little AGC hang.

Grant/NQ5T