Re: [TenTec] Sidetone Level with 2.037j

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sidetone Level with 2.037j
From: "Bob Cunnings" <bob.cunnings@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 13:42:37 -0600
No, the *relative* difference between "spot" tone level and keying
sidetone is what I've noticed has changed. For a given of sidetone
level setting, the "spot" tone is much louder than the keying sidetone
in this version, rather than being similar as before.

Yes, the keying sidetone level seems to be independent of audio gain
setting, whereas "spot" tone level seems to increase as audio gain
increases, but that doesn't work in my favor. With the new version I
can't get a high enough keying sidetone level (for my taste) while at
the same time having a "spot" level that isn't way too loud. The
problem is that the same control is used to set both levels. If the
"spot" tone level was made a separate adjustment, then I could get
what I want.

Bob NW8L