Re: [TenTec] Orion NB vs NR

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NB vs NR
From: "David H. Walker" <k0cop@onlymyemail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 11:59:46 -0000
I had something interesting happen with the very same signal. I had the
Orion AGC turned to OFF. This was because I was using a spectrogram to check
my bp with the filters. I decided to turn on the NR.. setting about 6...
Background noise became almost nonexistent. Then low and behold the A61Q
station came right up and became extremely clear. I immediately turned the
nr off and the signal disappeared into the white noise. I have tried this
approach with several more stations and almost invariably the same thing
occurs. Maybe we have something constructive? The AGC is still in the loop
but appears to function better on its own,HI. Latest and greatest software
installed in the Orion..

David

73,K0COP

David H. Walker