Re: [TenTec] Orion and rf feedback

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and rf feedback
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:08:24 -0400
My Pegasus' very stubborn second floor/no ground SSB RF feedback
problems were finally solved by stringing several ferrite chokes on the
mic cable and grounding the mic jack shell inside the rig's case.  I
don't know if the Orion's mic connector is floating or not, but it might
be worth checking.

Oh, I also use a 1/4 wave wire counterpoise for each band tied to the
rig's wing nut ground connector.  I'm not sure which one of these or
combination of these measures finally did the trick, but I don't care.
If it ain't broke,,,etc.

Good luck and let us know what works.

73,

Craig