Re: [TenTec] Ordered an Omni VII Today

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ordered an Omni VII Today
From: Michael Melland <w9wis@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:35:41 -0800 (PST)
>...to me it looks too much like a Jupiter at least from the pic's I've seen

I have to admit that I'm concerned about that as well.  TT tells me it's in
another class above a Jupiter and I guess we'll see.  That's the beauty of that
30 day trial period <grin>.  I had a Jupiter for a while.... nice radio.  It
just wasn't "different" enough from other available amateur sets to trip my
trigger...

I'm pretty spoiled, since selling my Omni V.9 , I've tried other amateur
sets... but the only radios that turn my crank so far are the surplus military
sets I've acquired.... especially the Harris Falcon (RF-5020/22).  If I keep
the Omni VII after 30 days, it will have to be REALLY good.  I'm hoping...
<grin>.

--

Michael Melland, W9WIS
Redgranite, WI USA