Re: [TenTec] Ordered an Omni VII Today

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ordered an Omni VII Today
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:35:59 -0500
I think that it's got to do with the photos.

You see, at one time when Ten-Tec was having professional photos taken of
their gear for advertising purposes, they discovered that light reflecting
off of the dot displayed as red in the photos.  This is similar to the
phenomenon that happens when a flash photo is taken, and the subject's eyes
appear as red (due to the light bouncing off of the person's retina).

So for consistancy, they just made the dot red.

This may be no longer the case due to improvements in photograph technology,
especially with digital photography.

73, ron w3wn
want to talk about a bridge in Brooklyn that I've got for sale?