Re: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively

To: ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 03:26:33 -0500
Ken Brown wrote: "Can you turn the TX power output down....?"

Yes -- and doing so will raise the threshold of circuit breaker tripping
as the power output -- and current draw -- is decreased.

The problem is frequency sensitive, however.  The higher the frequency,
the more readily the breaker trips.  The rig acts normally on 3.5, 7 and
10 MHz bands, but the problem appears on the bands above and is
progressive and directly proportional to the frequency. In other words,
if I lower the power output so that the breaker doesn't trip on 20
meters, it'll still trip on 15, etc. In fact, it's very frequency
sensitive.  I can set the output so that the breaker stays engaged up to
-- say -- 29.5 MHz, but it'll still trip at 29.7.

Thanks and 73,

Craig
W3CRR