[TenTec] OT: WB0CW's Mark V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: WB0CW's Mark V
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:12:45 -0500

N1EU wrote:

>Phil, if you're getting "murdered" by overload with MkV
Field, I'd first check that the receiver is adjusted
properly as Denny suggested.

        First thing I would check is that NB
is turned Off AND fully CCW.  If that helps, W8JI
has a permanent fix for this below:

http://www.w8ji.com/ft1000mk_v.htm

Second check is that IF Gain in hidden menu 9-1 is
not set too high.  Simple test is use a calibrated
50 uV source like Elecraft's XG1 and set IF gain so
the S-meter reads around S9 on 40m with 500 Hz BW
and preamp off.

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S.  While you're at it, install W8JI's or Inrad's
key click fix for the Mark V if not already done.

73, Bill W4ZV