[TenTec] Hopefully, my Christmas present will be ...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Hopefully, my Christmas present will be ...
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 05:55:24 -0800 (PST)
Grant, I missed your original post so I may be off base here - if so just throw
me out at first...
When my OII was delivered a few weeks ago, right out of the box it did exactly
the same... Called TT and Stan (salesman) said the radio is unlikely to be bad
right out of the box because they installed my filters and tested it two hours
before shipping, and he has heard this problem before and that I should tighten
the grip on the DC power pins and polish the oxidation off  the pins on the DC
plug and jack by unplugging a dozen times...  Did the tighten the pins, a bit
hard but using a tiny flat blade screw driver to gently lever the female
contacts together so they fit tighter on the male pins, a squirt of contact
cleaner and exercising the plug and jack for 20 seconds and the problem went
away... ymmv...

denny