[TenTec] Ham Radio Revisited

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ham Radio Revisited
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:23:35 -0600
All the latest news about the code saddened me and I went on a nostalgia trip
on the internet and found something I had not seen in
a while.

My first Elmer had me memorize this before he would give me the test:
------
The Amateur's Code

The Radio Amateur is

CONSIDERATE...never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure
of others.

LOYAL...offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local
clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which
Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and
internationally.

PROGRESSIVE...with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient
station and operation above reproach.

FRIENDLY...slow and patient operating when requested; friendly advice and
counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation
and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the
amateur spirit.

BALANCED...radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family,
job, school or community.

PATRIOTIC...station and skill always ready for service to country and
community.

--The original Amateur's Code was written by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA, in 1928.

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
Old calls: WY5L/KH3-KE5CTY-N5IET