Re: [TenTec] Help with new keyer and Orion 2 Setup

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with new keyer and Orion 2 Setup
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 19:44:03 -0600
> Why do you suggest that he turn the keyer off, Grant?
>
> If  he's plugging in his paddle, wouldn't he want the
> internal keyer ON?

Because, as I said in another post, I was the victim of a brain f*rt, or
senior moment, a sweep of major dementia, or something equivalent.  Is that
a good enough reason?  :-)

On the other hand, it could have been because I don't use the internal
keyer, and misinterpreted the question.

Clearly, if one wants to use the internal keyer, it would be best to turn it
ON.  If one is going to use an external keyer (for many good reasons), the
internal keyer needs to be turned OFF.

Grant/NQ5T