[TenTec] FW: Orion II back from the dead -- NOT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FW: Orion II back from the dead -- NOT
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 02:32:45 -0600
Well, I fired up the II today after not having much time to play radio over
the Holidays, and guess what.  It worked the first couple of power cycles
and then ... Dead again.  Once every 15-20 tries to turn it on it will boot
up after what seems like a longer than usual delay.  Otherwise, it's just
plain dead -- except for a relay click and the pilot light on the S-Meter.

Maybe this U500 thing was a convenient scapegoat ... And the real problem is
still lurking in there.

Sigh .... :-(

Grant/NQ5T