Re: [TenTec] Orion 11

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 11
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:20:46 -0600
Hi Bob,

I'll chime in here and I must agree with K4IA: either of these is way
more radio than you need. You are in a rural, radio-quiet area. You
probably don;t have anyone close by with a rock-crushing signal, so
you don't need the Howitzer-proof front end of the Orion II.

These radios represent a large investment. Uif you plan on becoming
deeply involved with HF operating, then you would be well served by
either of these two radios. But think carefully about what you want
to do on HF. If your desire is more casual and you still want to buy
a new radio, the TenTec Jupiter or the IC 7000 may be a better fit.

Kim Elmore, N5OP