Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Audio level spread.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Audio level spread.
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:28:36 -0000
Mike,

Thanks for the useful tip.

The Omni VI I bought recently had a "shot" AF gain pot. The track had totally
worn at the "8/9 O'clock" position where all the action happens. Fortunately
the guys at TT still keep the spares, although I wouldn't want to do the
swap-out a second time - far too much trouble taking the front panel off :)

Spreading the "action" with your mod would reduce the wear and hopefully
prevent it happening again.

73,
Steve G3TXQ