[TenTec] QSK - was Omni VI vs Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] QSK - was Omni VI vs Orion
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:46:25 -0800 (PST)
Good stuff Martin.. Most informative... When I get some time I will put the
Hewlett Packard scope on the O2 and see what I see...
  I understand with DSP rigs why there will be an initial delay from the time
that an RF impulse is applied to the antenna input until audio output occurs...
 All this processing overhead affects how fast the rig can turn around on
qsk...  TT seems to feel the Orion will hold up at 30 wpm...  I am hearing
signals at 30 wpm with the O2 but as I commented I do not know how much they
are truncated - though it is still useful as I can tell what acrtivity is
happening... Your work seems to suggest quite a bit of truncation...

  There is a Tom who was quite vociferous about the QSK timing problems with
the Omni series... Since I have one of those I was going to cobble up a quick n
dirty analog transmitter / receiver and see what the fastest clean QSK could be
had with starting and stopping single oscillator chains... Haven't had time to
follow up on that yet...

  denny