Re: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:19:42 -0500
From: "George" <goofyham@highstream.net>

> The hardware noise blanker is too aggressive in my Orion2. I have power
> line noise on 160 meters and a variable HW noise blanker would be useful
> if it could be cut back some. Currently, when I invoke the HW blanker, and
> there are strong signals near the listening frequency, it is murder on the
> listening frequency.

George,
I've never seen a noise blanker in any piece of ham gear (or other) that can
work as we would like under strong signal condx on TopBand. I've suffered on
160 for 45 yrs and if one was available I'd have bought it by now !
73, WA4TT
ps: I think with our new technology it may soon be possible...
(affordable)...... keeping my fingers crossed.