Re: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER
From: "Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:32:24 -0700
George - There is a trick whick may or may not nelp your firmware dsp
blanker (not HW blanker)- I operate mostly cw with 300 hz filter and DSP
even narrower  and on some noises I find that forcing the roofing filter
bandwidth up to 2.4 or 6 khz really makes it perform. Of course you are back
to the same problems if you have strong signals inside the 6 khz bw.

 Anyhow I stumbled into this one day when I noticed the NB  in the sub
receiver seemed to worke pretty well and on the main did nothing. The sub of
course has a wide if for the dsp nb to work on.

 73 de Hank K7HP