Re: [TenTec] Omni V vs. TS850

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V vs. TS850
From: don daso <k4za@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:44:55 -0500
The 850 is a superb SSB radio.  Ab-fab audio quality on TX & RX.  It's
QSK is not as good as a ten tec.
Personally, having owned an OMNI V, I'd say I like the 850 better.  But
using two OMNI VI+s in the shack, I much prefer those to the 850.  Even
on SSB (which I am not a fan of).

The IRC filters are a vy worthwhile addition to the 850.

Most of the features you list as liking are not or have never been used
by me--the internal keyer, voice keyer, memories, etc.  So really cannot
compare them that way.

I would read N6TR's write up on the 850.  Vy worthwhile info....

GL &

vy 73 de Don K4ZA  (save a few more $ & get the OMNI VI...you won't
regret it...)