[TenTec] Omni VI- PBT jumping after warm up.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI- PBT jumping after warm up.
From: <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:17:32 -0500
"Its thermal. Could be an almost soldered connection, a connector, or
inside a chip or transistor.

You need a freeze mist and some warm air (hot air gun or hair dryer).
When it changes go cool a section. Then warm it, doing a binary chop
(cutting the area heated and cooled each time) to isolate it. You may
even get it down to the connection or device with the problem."

Yes, I figure to look in the area of the D5 varactor, thinking that the
voltage was being varied to it, causing it to shift.

Any other ideas are MUCH appreciated. I am not well experienced in
troubleshooting electronics but if you have a Steam operated pump or engine,
or a coal stoker I may be able to help.  ;-)   Mark