Re: [TenTec] FR-4 Audio Filter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FR-4 Audio Filter
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:46:13 -0700
Wow, the old FR-4.  Bought one new from Ten Tec way back in '72 I
think.  Put it next to my PM-3A and got a little selectivity with it.
It was a passive audio filter that worked tolerably well with the low
audio output of the PM series.  Helped in a pinch.  If in pristine
condition, heck, just get it to stare at!  I would.

Clark
WA3JPG

On Mar 17, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Alan Sewell wrote:

> Dick,
>
> I am also interested if you are able to find any information on the
> FR-4.  The only information I have seen is mention in a description of
> the S30 Signalizer, which contains an FR-4.  It simply states "...a 400
> Hz passband CW filter with adjustable attenuation."
>
> 73,
>
> Alan  N5NA
>
> http://www.tentecwiki.org
>

> KnoxCol@aol.com wrote:
>> Happy St. Patrick's Day Ten Tec Fans!
>>
>>   I was at the Marshall, Michigan,  Amateur Radio Swap this  morning
>> and
>> found a pristine piece of TenTec gear that I had not seen  before.
>> It is an FR-4
>> Audio Filter.   I believe this goes  with the PM series of radios.
>> Can anyone
>> in the group provide information  on it and what it's worth might be?
>> Thanks and 73!  de  KD4BRL    Dick O'Knox

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science
Cal Poly State University
San Luis Obispo, CA. 93407