Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V or Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V or Jupiter
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:28:10 -0600
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 16:48 -0400, RaySoifer@cs.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/6/2007 8:34:14 PM GMT Standard Time,
> jh.graves@verizon.net writes:
> > Buy the Argo...and if it is not enough....try this:
> >
> > http://www.thp.co.jp/thp%20hp%20Eng/amateur_eng/hf_eng.htm#100bdx
> >

> Maybe it's my poor web-surfing skills, but it doesn't look like the 10W-input
> amps are available in the US.  HRO carries the 1.5 kW job, but it requires
> 85W.  Do you know of a source?
>
> 73,
>
> Ray W2RS

FCC rules on amplifiers have been prohibiting any with that low an input
because they would be appropriate for illegal use on CB.

Since the amplifier is linear that 1.5 KW out amplifier that took 85
watts for full drive would put 176 watts with 10 watts drive and the
tubes should last virtually forever.

Its an area where homebrew reigns. I think there is amplifier module for
the K2 that has gotten through FCC approval.

73, Jerry, K0CQ