[TenTec] New firmware coming.... small moves forward,yes... but really a

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] New firmware coming.... small moves forward,yes... but really a good thing.
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 09:56:22 -0700
I applaud the support movement. I am always interested in anything that
Ten-Tec deems critical enough to move their resources for. When I buy a
Ten-Tec I accept that I am buying into the product, the philosophy
behind its engineering, and how it is eventually supported (I'm not
always inline with how it is marketed though). There has to be some give
and take in all threse areas. I expected that once Ten-Tec hardware and
software engineering caught up somewhat on the Omni-VII product rollout
they would have a few resources available to address some of the
concerns of the Orion user-base. Would be a grand thing indeed if as a
company Ten-Tec could afford (and would afford) for full-time, dedicated
hardware and software support for all their current and reasonably
recent products. Until that day I just turn in my critical bug reports
and smile when I see some movement. For now my Orion still sits proudly
at the center of my operating desk. Thanks to all that help the Orion
series move forward.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT