[TenTec] Omni vii

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni vii
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:16:01 -0700
>From what I have read on this reflector, the new Omni 7 is capable of
utilizing just about any power supply for dc power of adequate power rating
and good regulation.
However, I have had problems in the past feeding my older Omni 6 plus,
upgraded to option 3 with the recommended circut breaker in line..to the
point of having the older Omni 6 blowing up its finals. I have had other TT
rigs connected this way with no problem.
I am wondering if the newer Omni 7 will suffer the same problems?
I could always procure a 30 amp power supply dedicated to the Omni 7, but
would prefer not to....
Thanks for all replies.