Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 Audio interference

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 Audio interference
From: "Bob Cunnings" <bob.cunnings@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:43:03 -0600
I have noticed that as the SUB audio gain is advanced toward maximum,
it begins to have a  significant effect on the level of SPOT tone and
cw sidetone heard in the MAIN receiver. I use headphones with MAIN
receiver audio only selected for both left and right.

I actually take advantage of this behavior - I like my cw sidetone
level to be higher than my SPOT tone level, so I set the SUB receiver
audio gain control to about 75% and then by muting/unmuting the SUB
receiver I can switch between a low SPOT tone level and a much higher
cw sidetone level without the hassle of adjusting the sidetone level
in the usual manner!

Bob NW8L