[TenTec] Omni 6 Birdies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 Birdies
From: "Dave Bowker" <dbowker@mail.sjv.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:24:46 -0400
Merv,

My VI/Opt 3 is factory original all the way since 1993.  I have only one 20M
birdie @ 13.999 - no
others noticeable, even without an antenna connected.

When it was back to the factory for the Opt 3 upgrade I asked TT to take care
of the original birdie
problems, and they did so by soldering the shields of the inductors on the
BPW/Front End Board to
the ground plane.  You can do this yourself ... very easy to do.

Just tag the shield to the gnd plane on opposite sides of the can to the gnd
plane ... if necessary,
I'll open up mine and shoot a pix or two for you, but it really is pretty
straight forward.

73, Dave, K1FK
Fort Kent, ME