Re: [TenTec] When did Ten-tec switch to Schottky diode ring mixers?

To: George K3GP <k3gp@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] When did Ten-tec switch to Schottky diode ring mixers?
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 14:13:49 -0700
We have a winner! Actually three winners George K3GP, Duane, N9DG and
Don, NN8B.

Yes, the MBD-101 is a discrete schottky diode.

So the Cosair was the first Ten-tec radio to use a schottky diode
ring mixer.

By 1986 TT had moved to quads rather than discrete schottky diodes in
the Argosy 2 and Corsair 2.

Many thanks to all for this info.

Why? That'll be another post!

--