Re: [TenTec] (Orion) firmware update with serial port-less computer

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (Orion) firmware update with serial port-less computer
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:38:12 -0500
> A USB to serial adapter for Vista is shown below
> http://www.beaglesoft.com/232usb.htm?gclid=CMPmiLjDnYwCFRKsGg
odXWBw6A.

> > http://www.airlink101.com/products/ac-usbs.html
> >
> > There were at least two other similar devices at the store where I
> > purchased it for basically $15.  The documentation was

I think virtually all of these, regardless of the brand stamped on the
plastic use the same chip set from Prolific.  Any Prolific driver that works
with Vista will probably work with most any version of the adapter you
happen to have.  Sounds like MS has included a compatible driver in Vista
since these adapters are virtually a "standard" at this point.

Grant/NQ5T