Re: [TenTec] AUX Keying OminiVI Plus

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AUX Keying OminiVI Plus
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 11:03:50 -1000
Or if you don't want even the tiny click of a reed relay (someone has
claimed it is not true QSK if you can hear a relay click) you could use
an optocoupler. LED in optocoupler only needs a few mA, not enough to
bother that transistor, and no inductive kickback. Maybe even faster
than a tiny reed relay.