Re: [TenTec] TenTec's SUmmary of Lightning Strike Damage

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec's SUmmary of Lightning Strike Damage
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:25:16 -0500
The company that underwrites the ARRL insurance program is the Marsh
Affinity Group.  The deductible is $50 and they will pay replacement
cost up to the declared value on the application. Thus, you should
keep that up-to-date for any current gear. TenTec has raised the
price on the O II since I bought it, so I'll take a bit more than the
$50 deductible loss on this. But it won't be as bad as my
homeowner's, which has a $500 deductible.

I will be reimbursed (up to the declared value) when I buy a new
radio and send the insurance adjuster a copy of the sales receipt. I
will also be reimbursed for the labor needed to assess the damage by
TenTec. At least, that's what it says in the policy!

Kim Elmore, N5OP