Re: [TenTec] WIDER FILTER FOR WEAK CW DXING?

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WIDER FILTER FOR WEAK CW DXING?
From: Bill Cotter <n4alg@qx.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:51:45 -0400
Jerry,

Taking your point regarding filter response shape (ideally, rounded
edges, steep slopes, and flat passband), and looking at the
response curves for the Inrad CW filters, they look pretty incredible.

         http://www.qth.com/inrad/graphs/759.gif

         http://www.qth.com/inrad/graphs/750.gif

         http://www.qth.com/inrad/graphs/763.gif

I don't know if these are actual plots of sampled 400Hz filters, or
'marketing' plots. But, using these filters, I can say that they
are very, very good for weak signal listening in noisy conditions.
They don't have the incessant roaring (noise power) in the passband
like the TT 500Hz filter.

73 bill n4lg