Re: [TenTec] Orion and WriteLog users?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and WriteLog users?
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 20:24:41 -0500
John,
        I can't tell you for sure, but I think the device driver for running
CW may be an issue with Vista.  On second thought, I don't know that the
Orion's serial link has CW keying available on it, does it?  Someone can
correct me, but I believe it's a "standard" serial port.  I believe you have
to find another way to key via the key inputs.  I run my Orion through a
USB/serial adapter, but it happens to be built into a microHam DigiKeyer.
That uses a separate output cable to send CW via the rig's key input on the
Aux connector in the rear.  Hope this helps.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com