[TenTec] Omni VII, Antenna tuning, etc.

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII, Antenna tuning, etc.
From: John Huggins <john@johnhuggins.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:45:08 -0400
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Say I obtain the Omni VII radio and make good use of its Ethernet
control with OMNIVIIOnePlug program (and let's assume this works).

For total automation of the station, should I rely on the internal
antenna matcher or offload this task to an external automatic matcher?

In other words, should the extra $300 be spent on the internal matcher
or applied to other, perhaps more appropriate, matching gear?

There are a lot of correct ways to to this of course, but the opinions
of those with experience are helpful.

Thanks for any input.

John
KX4O