[TenTec] Omni 6 band data on RS-232

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 band data on RS-232
From: "Doug" <w5ga@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:15:46 -0500
I'm building a remote antenna switch (2006 Handbook, pg 19-37). I'd
like to pull band data from the RS-232 port for auto band
switching.  The Omni 6 presents band data on pins 10 (160m), 15 (10/12m), 17
(15/17m), 21 (20m), 24 (40/30m) as +10v on each of these pins on a
DB-25. It was done this way originally for auto band switching with
I believe the Hercules amplifier.

The problem as you can see is the multiple bands on some of the pins,
which makes it really hard to automate the antenna selection process
when using separate antennas for each band
.
So here's the question, is there another way to get this info out of
either RS-232 or the separate serial port connector that I can
decode in the context of the antenna switch in the handbook.
I think there is a way as no logging software I've run across has a
problem decoding band, I'm just not enough of a tech to be able to
figure it out.

73, Doug W5GA

73, Doug W5GA