Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 band data on RS-232

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 band data on RS-232
From: "Gert Meinen" <pa3aav@hetnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:10:15 +0100
Doug,

On the BPF/Front End Board of the Omni 6 (81593) you can take the signal for
each band near connector 85.
I 've routed this to a small home made board with 13 diodes in a matrix to
produce bcd-code for each band.
The four wires with the bcd-code coming off this small board are routed to
the db-25 connector on the TX Audio Board (81597)
where they are connected to four unused pins.
I use the bcd-coded band signals for automatic bandfilter-, and antenna
switching.
Works fine here for years now, I can draw up a schematic an e-mail it to you
if you like.

73 Gert , PA3AAV