Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 band data on RS-232

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 band data on RS-232
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:29:30 -0400
Doug -

There are RS232 commands that return the frequency of VFO A and VFO B.
Usually these are interpreted by software which translates the hex
numbers into something readable.  The same type of information is
available on the Icom compatible port.  That way you can use the RS232
for computer logging and the Icom port to control your switch.

The commands are in the back of the manual.

You will need to program a chip to send the query command, to receive
the hex data, to translate the hex data from frequency to band, and to
throw the band switch.  A daunting task.

Some computer logging/rig control programs will do most of the heavy
lifting if you can tolerate having the bandswitch work only when the
logging program is working.

Hope that helps.

73 de K1ESE
John