Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI plus question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI plus question
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:06:28 -0600
Being one that has bought and used the Omni VI Plus and sold same:

What filters are installed?
Has the radio been in a smoking or non-smoking environment?
Are you the original owner?  If not how long have you owned it?
Do you have the original manual?
What modifications have been applied?
Have any holes been drilled anywhere?
Has it been to Tentec for any repairs?  What? When?
If repairs have been made, by other than Tentec, by who?
Is it operational?
What is the measured power output in TUNE on all bands?
What is your most frequent operational mode and band?
What mike is supplied with the radio?
Which model power supply is supplied with the radio?
Can I arrange to see the radio and operate it?

Finally, a set of high quality color pictures of front, back and
sides/top/bottom will tell the cosmetic condition.  If it's clean with no
chips on the corners then one can assume it looks OK in person.  Visible
chips, dings, scratches reflect the care it has or has not received.  All
knobs should be original and have no cracks.  The silver center inserts must
be in place.

Good luck buying. The Omni VI Plus is a fine radio.  Also do not be confused
by the Omni VI (opt 3) with a Omni VI Plus. They are different radios and
have different model numbers and carry a difference in value and selling
price.

73
Bob, K4TAX