Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI plus question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-VI plus question
From: John Huffman <hjohnc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:22:37 -0500
Dennis -

I bought a used Omni VI+ (option 3) off this list.  The question I
should have asked was, "Has the crystal oven been replaced?"  It was bad
and the guy wouldn't take the rig back.  The radio ended up taking a
trip to Ten Tec to figure out what was wrong and replace the oven with a
TCXO.  Crystal ovens are no longer available.  Later Omni VI+ came with
the TCXO standard.

As long as you get a good enough price to cover a trip back to Ten Tec
(I didn't) you'll be fine.  The repair and checkout cost under $200.
Ten Tec repair prices are very reasonable.

73 de K1ESE
John