Re: [TenTec] Omvi VI AF Gain Control & RIT

To: <atrampler@att.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omvi VI AF Gain Control & RIT
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:52:46 -0600
Art,
        I remember my VI+ had most of the gain in the first 90 degrees of
rotation (from 7 o'clock to 10 o'clock, with the latter being VERY loud.)  I
think your headsets may be adding to the problem - might want to try another
pair to see if something else works for you.  I don't remember having the
sensitivity issue you describe.
        RIT/XIT is a single control - there is only one encoder behind
there!

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas