Re: [TenTec] Subject: Abbreviations used by amateurs.doc

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Subject: Abbreviations used by amateurs.doc
From: "Lyle Dunlap" <qskqrq@grics.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:23:09 -0600
David, Carl es Ron,

Time has a way of changing things, its called progress, perhaps but not
always.  Hi

Was a time when calling "CW TEST" had nothing to do with contesting
whatsoever.  It ment you were looking for someone to do some checking with.
Most of us built our own stuff and frequently needed someone to test things
out with.

I just thought this 1938 list of abbreviations would be of some interest.
Have no particular axe to grind but seems some of our more modern slang has
gotten out of hand and a bit ridiculous.

Spent lots of circuit time having to conform to strict rules using Q and Z
signals.  I have a list here of some rather odd and very  unofficial Q sigs
if anyone interested.

 Lyle W9FCX
qskqrq@grics.net