Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...
From: Jeff Iddings <jeff@iddings.us>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 05:40:51 -0500
Thanks.

For the record, I'm not a "n00b" when it comes to network stuff. It's
more or less what I do by trade. I was a _bit_ surprised that the Omni
VII doesn't have a DHCP client. I was all set to just put the MAC
address of the radio in my dhcpd.conf, but my plans were foiled!

As you may have guessed, my home network is 192.168.0.X...  and I wasn't
not inclined to change it for a radio -- though it's a "home network"
there are 12 devices connected to it, roommates computer(s), etc.

My temporary solution was to just to create a route for the 192.168.1.x
network..   so that'll do the job, for now, though it sounds like I
might need to submit a bug report to the developers at TenTec.

Thanks for all your advice and I'm sorry Ed if I sounded like a bit of a
jerk last night, but your reply as equally as curt.

Jeff