[TenTec] fix OMNI V

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] fix OMNI V
From: "Paolo Emanuelli" <ik1qhb@libero.it>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 18:20:52 +0100
Hi OM

I Have a little problem to resolve on my TT OMNI V.
I try to explain the problem.
Some time (once every 10 or more days) when i switch from every frequency to
40 meter band the RX becomes mute or seems without antenna.
This  happens only on 40 meter band. If i try to go on 80 or 30 or on every
all band all is ok but in 40 meter the rx is mute, and the TX doesn't
transmit.
The relay works but any power come out from the TX and the RX is mute.
If i try to go on the other band keep all right.
First time this happens i have open the cabinet, and without do anything,
the rx come alive.
Surely all is caused by some bad solder, because is necessary try to open
the cabinet to resolve the problem, but isn't the final solution!

Do you have heard some similar problem?

Many  thanks in any case

Best 73

Paul IK1QHB