Re: [TenTec] Heil headphones

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Heil headphones
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:48:15 -0500
Vin,

If you have had your Orion II sub-receiver in an AM mode while you
transmitted on SSB, you may have to reset your rig.  There is a bug in the
Orion I software that was reported and fixed and then re-introduced in a
later release causing the headphone audio to be very low with the above mode
combination.  I don't know if it also applies to CW and AM.  I also don't
know if the Orion II has the same bug, but it is worth a try.  I have the
Heil Pro headset and it works well as long as I don't have the sub-receiver
in the AM mode.  Good luck.

73,
John