Re: [TenTec] Digital (PSK31) Communications

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Digital (PSK31) Communications
From: "KXB" <w7kxb@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:28:10 -0800
  From: F8EHJ<mailto:f8ehj@free.fr>
  To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment<mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
  Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:49 AM

  Hello,

  I subscribe to this list for this reason :
  What is the adjustement for PSK31 using a Ten tec jupiter.

  I am agree with you that ALC indicator should not be always lighted.
  So I adjust sound card output level to have ALC led blinking with
  modulation.

  But what about MIC GAIN ? I selected in the menu line mic for input.

  There is a relation between MIC GAIN, ALC and RF OUTPUT !

  If I decrease RF POWER I must decrease MIC GAIN to have ALC blinking.
  (or I must decrease sound card OUTPUT LEVEL.

  Thanks for explain.

  best 73's

  Herve F8EHJ

  TENTEC JUPITER 538